- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 62gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 600
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU XM855 LPC120
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3020
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1256
- Magnetic Yes
- UPC Barcode 50029465065107
- Q & A
A 5 ammo can mega pack of 5.56 ammo!
In 1920, a man by the name of Charles Horn visited a four-year-old factory that was failing. After inspecting it he decided to take over and re-founded it as the Federal Cartridge Company. He immediately implemented a new marketing plan, putting the company’s ammunition up for sale in grocery stores, gas stations, and barber shops. It worked, and before long Federal began to build a solid reputation. Today they’re one of the most respected ammunition manufacturers in the country and countless shooters rely on them to keep their guns fed.
Today, Federal's 5.56x45 ammunition is considered by many shooters to be the gold standard. This 62 grain variety is highly sought after and in a pretty unusual package. These rounds come in 5 miniature ammo cans with each containing 120 rounds. Kind of a cool feature for storage, right?
These rounds are ideal for a day at the range with your AR-15 or for long-term storage if you're preparing for the worst. In either case, you can rest easy for the time being knowing when you order from us, you're getting a great price on rounds that will be delivered to you fast.
Add your review to this Federal 62gr FMJ 5.56x45 Ammo
- Is 62gr heavy enough for a 16 in. 1/7 heavy barrel? Posted On: 6/14/2019 By: Jeff W
- Hi Jeff. The 62 grain will work OK, but with the 1/7 you will get your best performance from 69 grain rounds and up.