- Manufacturer Military Surplus
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 148gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Steel
- Quantity 440
- Caliber 7.62x54r
- Primer Type Berdan
- Cost Per Round 53.4¢ per round
- Q & A
This round features a 148 grain full metal jacket projectile, just like the Лёгкая Пуля (“Light Bullet”) its caliber was updated with in 1908. The round has a cost-effective but non-reloadable copper-washed steel casing, and the sealant on its primer and mouth helps to keep its sensitive components safe from damage by moisture infiltration. This round’s Berdan primer is corrosive, but that’s nothing a prompt cleaning after shooting can’t compensate for!
Add your review to this Military Surplus 148gr FMJ 7.62x54r Ammo
- Does these shells have copper shells with mercury primers? Posted On: 4/23/2020 By: Ney Austin
- Thanks for reaching out! We can't confirm that these rounds' primers are mercuric per se, but they are certainly corrosive. The shell casings are made of steel and coated with a thin layer of copper for smoother feeding and extraction as well as improved resistance to corrosion.