- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Weight 147gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 1000
- Caliber 9mm
- Manufacturer SKU 9MS
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1000
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 326
- UPC Barcode 50029465088571
- Cost Per Round 34.5¢ per round
- Q & A
The 9mm has been around for more than 100 years, and over those years the round has only gained popularity. It’s been used as the standard issue for countless law enforcement agencies and has been the standard issue for the U.S. Army for years. Many gun owners prefer the 9mm for its manageable recoil, larger-capacity magazines, and affordable price. If you own a gun chambered in 9mm you probably use it for self-defense, and that means you need defense rounds. Don’t settle for just any rounds, though, you want superior defense rounds like these from Federal.
At 147 grain these are considered medium-weight rounds. They’re light enough to move down-range at fairly high speeds while heavy enough to still pack a considerable punch. These are Jacketed Hollow Point, or JHP, rounds and begin to expand immediately upon impact. Their jackets control expansion, allowing the bullets to penetrate more fully, creating a larger wound cavity. Each round has a muzzle velocity of 1000 feet per second and a muzzle energy of 326 foot-pounds. These are premium self-defense rounds.
There are 1000 defense rounds in this case of ammunition from Federal. With 1000 rounds you can get in the dedicated training time necessary to ensure your marksmanship skills are up to the task should you ever be attacked. And because these are brand new production, brass-cased rounds with boxer primer, they can be reloaded. Federal has been manufacturing ammunition since 1922 and is respected in the industry for producing high quality, reliable rounds. Production takes place at their longtime factory in Anoka, Minnesota, and all rounds undergo extensive testing and strict quality control measures. If you’re serious about self-defense, order now, and make sure you’re prepared.
Add your review to Add Your Review of this Federal 147gr JHP 9mm Ammo
- I would like to know which manufacturers offer a 9MM ammo that has a 1000 feet per second muzzle velocity in the HP. Thank-you, Wayne Posted On: 2/10/14 By: wayne
- Hello Wayne, Most ammo manufacturers offer a JHP round in 9mm with a muzzle velocity at or above 1000 fps. Most in the 124gr. projectile weight rounds sit around 1100 fps, and it's faster for 115gr. A lot of the 147gr. loads are at or a little under 1000 fps. If you are looking for velocity, I would go with some of the 115gr. rounds.