- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 147gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Nickel-Plated Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber 9mm
- Manufacturer SKU P9HST2
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1000
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 326
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 029465094447
- Cost Per Round 83.9¢ per round
- Q & A
This product is brand new, nickel plated brass-cased, boxer-primed, non-corrosive, and reloadable.
This is top of the line, American-made defense ammo made by ATK (same company that makes Speer Lawman, CCI, Blazer Brass, etc). This product is designed for Law Enforcement and occasionally made available to the general public through police trade-ins.
- it doesn't get any better.
Add your review to this Federal 147gr JHP 9mm Ammo
- I "am" an amateur, first time gun owner. I'm trying to learn all the abbreviations to better select my ammo for the job I want it to do. The "HST" here has stumped me tonight. Please H=Help, S=set me straight, T=tonight......on what "HST" stands for and its usage/application or distinctions in 9mm pistols vs other JHP rounds. HST, could also mean "Heavy Set Terrorist" if one didn't know the nomenclature being used here. So, thanks again for the time to answer all "our" questions. We all appreciate you doing this for us. Todd Posted On: 6/12/2021 By: Todd Stastny
- Hello there Todd! This one is super easy to answer. "HST" stands for: nothing. It is just the brand name Federal chose for this specific design of jacketed hollow point (JHP) bullet. Some folks think HST might stand for "Hydra Shok Two" or "Hi-Shok Two" since those are other JHP bullets Federal designed, but as far as I know Federal never disclosed whether the initials mean anything.
A few other high-tech self-defense bullets have brand names. Hornady has the FTX (which actually does stand for something: Flex Tip eXpanding). There's also the HoneyBadger, the TAC-XP, the Gold Dot and the XTP. You might see a self-defense (or hunting) bullet refered to by its brand name instead of its style if it's a highly regarded projectile that people actively shop for.
Hey, let me know if you ever have any other questions! I way prefer answering questions over doing my regular work.
- Does This Ammunition Suitable Also, For The ec9s 9mm. And Also, Which Other Ammunition Go With The ec9s 9mm Posted On: 5/13/2021 By: Herman Roberts
- Thanks for reaching out Herman! This ammo is a great choice for self-defense with an EC9s, absolutely! Any of the 9mm ammo we have in stock will function correctly in your EC9s. If you want self-defense ammo, then I'd highly recommend either this one right here or the Speer Gold Dot. If you want target shooting ammo for training at the range, then I'd recommend the Speer Lawman or the Blazer Brass ammo we have in stock. Try to pick the same bullet weight (115, 124 or 147gr) for both your training and your self-defense ammo, because that will give you better feel for the recoil and point of aim you'll experience while your'e defending yourself. Please let me know if you ever have any other questions!
- What grain ammo performs best with the Glock 43? 124 or 147 Posted On: 6/27/2020 By: John S
- The Glock 43 has a good reputation for eating up any cartridge you'd ask it to. I don't think you'd notice any significant difference in your handgun's performance if you fired both bullet weights through it.