- Manufacturer Remington
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 240gr
- Projectile Type SP
- Ammo Use Type Boar Hunting, Deer Hunting, Self Defense
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber .44 Mag
- Manufacturer SKU RTP44MG2
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1180
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 741
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 047700426303
- Q & A
It just might be the most well-known gun-related line in movie history. You know the one: “’Did he fire six shots or five?’ Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you’ve gotta ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya, punk?” No one but Clint Eastwood could have delivered that line with such gruff, well-placed bravado, and in that moment the .44 Magnum gained a kind of fame only Hollywood can lend.
These .44 Magnum rounds are manufactured by Remington. They weigh in at 240 grain which puts them at the lighter end of the weight scale for this particular cartridge size, although they’re quite heavy for most handguns. Being lighter enables them to travel at higher speeds than their heavier counterparts and slightly reduces felt recoil. These are SP, Soft Point, rounds and begin to expand at the moment of impact. As the mushroom they also decelerate, creating a massive wound cavity and working to prevent over-penetration. This ammunition is designed for self-defense and hunting game such as feral hogs and whitetail deer.
When you order this single box of ammunition from Remington you get 50 SP rounds. That’s just enough to give your awesome gun a taste of what this ammo can do, so you might want to consider ordering more than one box. Since these rounds are produced in virgin brass cases with boxer primer, you can collect your spent brass and reload it. Each round has a muzzle velocity of 1180 feet per second and muzzle energy of 742 foot-pounds. Remington manufactures ammunition at their factory in Lonoke, Arkansas, according to strict standards. Order now and ensure your own luck while hunting.
Add your review to this Remington 240gr SP .44 Mag Ammo
- I have a Ruger 44 mag semi auto rifle . Would these rounds be a good choice for deer hunting? I’ve tried a couple other types and it wouldn’t fire them because the primers are stainless steel and they are too hard ! Are these brass primer rounds ? Thank you for your time. Posted On: 5/19/2021 By: Bryan Charles Livesay
- Thanks for reaching out Bryan! I am nearly certain this ammo's primers are brass, but nearly certain isn't good enough. I'm going to relay your question to Remington. As soon as they get back to me, I'm going to update this comment with a definitive answer to your question.
- These can be used in a rifle Posted On: 6/27/2020 By: david roberts
- Absolutely! A lever-action rifle chambered for 44 Magnum can fire this cartridge. Its flat nose bullet is compatible with tubular magazines and will prevent ignition within them.