- Manufacturer Speer
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 230gr
- Projectile Type TMJ
- Ammo Use Type Inside Range Training, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 1000
- Caliber .45 ACP
- Manufacturer SKU 53658
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 830
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 352
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 10076683536584
- Q & A
During the Philippine-American War the U.S. Cavalry discovered that their firearms were ineffective in stopping the adrenaline-fueled charges of the Moro Warriors. Admittedly their ferocity was pretty impressive, especially considering the Moros were armed mostly with handmade wooden weapons. But it was a problem, a serious one, and the cavalry set about trying to figure out what caliber of weapon would be more effective. Following the usual testing and experiments, including the rather infamous Thompson-LaGarde Tests, it was decided that nothing less than a .45 Colt would suffice, and before long the .45 ACP was created.
These particular .45 ACP rounds are manufactured by Speer, a company known for quality and reliable performance. At 230 grain these are relatively heavyweight rounds which means they strike targets with a greater impact. These are TMJ, Total Metal Jacket, rounds and do not expand on impact. These are Speer Lawman rounds and are specifically designed to closely mimic the felt recoil and muzzle rise of Speer’s Gold Dot rounds. Lawman rounds allow for more realistic self-defense training without the greater price of training with defense ammunition. This ammunition is meant for self-defense training and can also be used for target practice and plinking.
When you order this case of ammunition from Speer you get 1000 target rounds: 20 boxes of 50 rounds each. With that much ammunition you can get some serious training time with your favorite pistol. The training options are practically endless. You can work on the basics, improving accuracy and grouping, or practice shooting with your weaker hand, for a start. Because these rounds are made with fresh brass and boxer primer they can be reloaded for even more trigger time. Each round produces a muzzle velocity of 830 feet per second and muzzle energy of 352 foot-pounds. Speer manufactures this ammunition at their longtime factory in Lewiston, Idaho. Order now to train like you may one day need to fight.
Add your review to this 1000 Rounds of 230gr TMJ .45 ACP Ammo by Speer
- What does "FN" mean in the ammo description on the box end flap? On speer.com part number 53658 does not return any info. Is this a newly released round? Posted On: 12/27/2021 By: Kendalia TX
- Good to hear from you down there in Texas! FN means "flat nose." FN indicates that the FMJ bullet has a flat nose profile. This will not affect the ammo's performance in any significant way. FMJ FN bullets are popular for target shooting, because their flat nose helps them cut cleaner holes through paper.